Emergency Response Action Plan
Emergency Response Action Plan PDF
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be. But the fire isn’t the only thing that causes the destruction, it is also the smoke and the accompanying water firefighters use to fight the blaze that can be a real problem.
We know that it’s the irreplaceable items in your home that you’re most worried about – family photos, your son’s football trophy or your grandmother’s dining room table. We have the latest technology to tackle the biggest messes, and if it can be restored, we can do it. From your antique dishes to your big screen television, we use ultrasonic cleaning and electronics restoration to undo the damage the fire and water and smoke have done.
As soon as the fire chief gives the all clear, we can be there to help.
What we do for you
Elite Restoration has emergency supply trailers on stand-by to respond to natural disasters 24 hours a day. We start with protecting your home and belongings from further damage and continue until the job is done. We do more than just clean-up, we clean, repair, remodel and restore your property.
- We can immediately dispatch a professional contractor to survey the damage and look for issues that need to be addressed to make the building safe to reenter.
- Our emergency supply trailer has everything we need to secure your home, protect your property and prevent further damage.
- Our staff is certified in fire, smoke and water damage restoration.
- We immediately make temporary repairs to mitigate the damage, secure your property and prevent further damage. We can then assess the situation and prepare for long-term repairs.
- We have expertise in roofing and siding repair, interior restoration and cleaning and restoration of your belongings.
- Our certified staff performs professional water extraction and drying to minimize damage and restore your property.
- We use the latest technology to properly clean and restore your belongings. We can also store your undamaged belongings until the work is done.
- Consult the fire chief about the safety of the structure and a timeline for re-entering the building.
IMPORTANT: Do not re-enter the property until the fire chief says it is OK.
- The fire department will often have your utilities shut or disconnected while they are fighting a fire.
- Check to be sure they are disconnected before entering the area. Do not attempt to re-connect your utilities yourself, and do not have them restored without approval from the fire department. It is best to have a professional look for leaks before resuming utilities.
IMPORTANT: Do not light a match or smoke on the property. And do not use electrical equipment or appliances in the property until they are properly inspected.
- When you do reenter, be aware of structural damage that may fail, such as charred beams and sagging ceilings. When appropriate, use hard hats and other safety gear.
- Stay away from electrical shock hazards. Standing water and exposed wiring can be a dangerous combination. Be careful of damage inside walls that might not be visible.
- People with allergies and respiratory problems as well as pets should stay out of the area until after clean-up is completed. Ventilating the home can remove soot residues and other harmful airborne irritants.
- If you have a fireproof safe or strongbox that survived the disaster, do not open the box for several hours, as the air inside can keep an extremely high temperature. It could burn everything in the box when the air meets the cool outside air.
- Do not consume any food, drink or medication that was exposed to the heat. These can be chemically altered and dangerous to consume. Contact your pharmacist or physician to replace your medications.
To prevent further damage, you can take these steps. An Elite Restoration professional can assist or preform these for you:
- Open windows for ventilation.
- Rub petroleum jelly or other oil on metal surfaces to inhibit oxidation of the metal surfaces.
- Wipe down grout, bath fixtures, counter-tops and appliances with household cleaners as soon as possible after a fire. Smoke residue can stain these and immediate cleaning can prevent the need to have these replaced.
- Brush smoke particulate from furnishings and draperies but do not attempt to wash walls, ceilings or other porous surfaces.
- Dispose of food and can goods exposed to excessive heat.
- Remove and deodorize clothing. Proper smoke damage cleaning is vital. Improper cleaning may set set odor and permanently.
Fighting a fire typically results in water damage as well. When applicable, you might take these steps to prevent further damage:
- Remove water from less damaged areas by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Raise furniture out of standing water by placing it on blocks. Do not place anything with dye or color against damp surfaces as the colors may bleed and cause further damage.
- Lift any window treatments off carpet, loop through a non-metal coat hanger, and place hanger on the drapery rod.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors and luggage to enhance drying.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry on separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- If damage occurs during a cool season, leave heat on. Do NOT turn the heat up to high as it can accelerate damage. Try to maintain an even temperature of 72°F/20°C; if in summer, use an air conditioner if available.
IMPORTANT: Never go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on. Do not use and ordinary household vacuum to remove water, and do not use electrical appliances while standing on wet carpet or wet floors.
Following these guidelines can control and minimize losses. Contracting a professional in the early stages of a disaster can save you time and money. Most insurance policies require you to mitigate a disaster and take steps to prevent further damage.
An overview of our construction services from Construction Management, Design-build, General Contracting to Small Jobs and Service Work
Why Choose Elite Restoration for Fire Damage Restoration in Southern Idaho?
When accidents involve fire, it creates instant fear of losing everything. After a house fire, homeowners are in shock, and they are at their most vulnerable stage of recovery. Some restoration companies believe that showing up in this time of crisis benefits the homeowner. It almost always benefits the restoration company. The last thing a homeowner should have to see at this moment is a contract being forced upon them.
Take the time to research your Fire and Smoke Damage restoration company. You need to feel confident that the next 6 months, or longer that your home or business is being rebuilt, lifetime of belongings needing to be cleaned and stored, is being done so by a company that has a proven track record, a guarantee of satisfaction, and a commitment to communication during the whole process.
Our certified and experienced professionals understand that the last thing you need when you have fire damage to your home is more stress than you already have. We will handle your emergency fire damage clean up and repairs promptly and professionally to your satisfaction and peace of mind. Elite Restoration will estimate the extent of your fire damage, bill your insurance, take care of content restoration and storage as well as complete all necessary fire damage reconstruction of your property or business. We will do everything we can to return your life back to normal and as soon as possible, as though your fire damage emergency never happened.
Securing your property is crucial after a devastating event that leaves your home or business exposed to theft, injury, or more damage. We can provide board-up services, on-site power, and temporary fencing around your property to ensure the safety of others, as well as your belongings still inside.
- We provide 24/7 emergency service all year long
- 1 hour or less response time
- Free estimate with one of our certified specialists.
- Our technicians are IICRC Certified
- We will take care of all communications with the insurance companies regarding the restoration work until it’s done.
- We offer demolition & reconstruction services
- 24/7 Board Up Services
- Doors & Windows Board Up
- Tarping Services
- Residential Board Up Services
- Commercial Board Up Services
- Perimeter security / Temporary Fencing
- Local service in your area
- Insurance Billing
- Vacant / Foreclosed Properties
How Elite Restoration Handles Fire Damage Restoration
There is always residual damage in fires, such as smoke damage, fire odor, soot damage, or ash. While extinguishing house fires, there is usually quite a bit of water damage. Elite Restoration will restore and rebuild the fire damaged properties. We have developed a process to take care of fire, smoke, and water damage.
Fire Odor Removal and Deodorization
Elite Restoration uses various methods to remove and repair fire, smoke and water damage. Fire and smoke odors require specialized equipment to be removed, not just covered up. Our deodorization equipment and supplies are used to penetrate cracks and crevices and neutralize and eliminate smoke and odors. Additionally, the entire contents of the affected property is packed up and cleaned thoroughly at our specialized facility.
Structural Fire Cleaning Services
Fire/smoke damage requires more service and expertise than an ordinary contractor or house cleaner can provide to restore a property back to livable condition. Elite Restoration can remove smoke and soot from upholstered furnishings, carpets, draperies and building interiors. Our team will clean, deodorize, refinish and restore hard furnishings; such as desks, tables and credenzas. Our experience includes residential and industrial smoke damage restoration. If not charred; carpet, furniture, draperies and other building contents can be restored to their pre-loss condition. Please note: this is not a janitorial cleaning! A light coating of soot might be removed easily by the correct specialized technique, yet the soot could be permanently embedded by improper cleaning. Our highly trained project managers are the best in the industry and have the experience and capability to serve any residential and large industrial emergencies. Above all we are committed to excellence and your absolute satisfaction.
Microbial Decontamination of Fire Damaged Houses
Your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air condition) and crawl spaces will be dried, cleaned and then treated with Hepa filtration to sanitize and decontaminate your home.
Post Fire Damage Structural Repair and Restoration
Elite Restoration is a licensed, bonded and insured full service fire damage repair company. Our post fire damage restoration services and fire damage remediation crews are available 24/7 to repair, rebuild, and restore your home after any fire, smoke, or water damage devastation. Call Elite Restoration 24/7 for emergencies due to fire damage. We are experienced in fire and water damage remediation, removal, clean up, repair, smoke damage restoration, soot damage remediation, property rebuilding.