Emergency Response Action Plan
Emergency Response Action Plan PDF
Everyone knows how much damage smoke and fire can cause, but they aren’t the only thing that causes destruction; The water firefighters use to fight the blaze can cause real damage as well.
You worry for your family photos, your son’s football trophy, or your grandmother’s dining room table because they can’t be replaced. We have the latest technology to tackle the biggest messes. If it can be restored, we can do it. From your antique dishes to your big screen television, we use ultrasonic cleaning and electronics restoration to undo the damage the fire, water, and smoke have done.
As soon as the fire chief gives the all clear, we can be there to help.
What we do for you
Elite Restoration has emergency supply trailers on stand-by to respond to natural disasters 24 hours a day. We start with protecting your home and belongings from further damage and continue until the job is done. Our team does more than just clean-up – we clean, repair, remodel, and restore your property.
- We can immediately dispatch a professional contractor to survey the damage and look for issues that need to be addressed to make the building safe to reenter.
- Our emergency supply trailer has everything we need to secure your home, protect your property and prevent further damage.
- The team is certified in fire, smoke, and water damage restoration.
- We immediately make temporary repairs to mitigate the damage, secure your property and prevent further damage. We can then assess the situation and prepare for long-term repairs.
- The team has expertise in roofing and siding repair, interior restoration and cleaning and restoration of your belongings.
- Our certified staff performs professional water extraction and drying to minimize damage and restore your property.
- The latest technology properly cleans and restores your belongings. We can also store your undamaged belongings until the work is done.
- Consult the fire chief about the safety of the structure and a timeline for re-entering the building.
IMPORTANT: Do not re-enter the property until the fire chief says it is safe.
- The fire department will often have your utilities shut off or disconnected while they are fighting a fire.
- Check to be sure they are disconnected before entering the area. Do not attempt to re-connect your utilities yourself, and do not have them restored without approval from the fire department. It is best to have a professional look for leaks before resuming utilities.
IMPORTANT: Do not light a match, smoke on the property, or use electrical equipment and appliances until they are properly inspected.
- When you do reenter, be aware of structural damage that may fail; watch for charred beams and sagging ceilings.
- When appropriate, use hard hats and other safety gear.
- Stay away from electrical shock hazards. Standing water and exposed wiring is a dangerous combination. Be careful of damage inside walls that might not be visible.
- People with allergies and respiratory problems as well as pets should stay out of the area until after clean-up is completed. Ventilating the home can remove soot residues and other harmful airborne irritants.
- If you have a fireproof safe or strongbox that survived the disaster, do not open the box for several hours, as the air inside can keep an extremely high temperature. It could burn everything in the box when the air meets the cool outside air.
- Do not consume any heat-exposed food, drink, or medication. These can be chemically altered and dangerous to consume. Contact your pharmacist or physician to replace your medications.
IN THE MEANTIME
You can take these steps to prevent further damage until an Elite Restoration professional arrives to assist you:
- Open windows for ventilation.
- Rub petroleum jelly or other oil on metal surfaces to inhibit oxidation of the metal surfaces.
- Wipe down grout, bath fixtures, counter-tops, and appliances with household cleaners as soon as possible after a fire. Smoke residue can stain these fixtures. Immediate cleaning can prevent the need to have these replaced.
- Brush smoke particulate from furnishings and draperies.
- Do not attempt to wash walls, ceilings, or other porous surfaces.
- Dispose of food and canned goods exposed to excessive heat.
- Remove and deodorize clothing. Proper smoke damage cleaning is vital. Improper cleaning may set set odor and permanently.
WATCH FOR WATER DAMAGE
Fighting a fire typically results in water damage as well. When applicable, you can take these steps to prevent further water damage:
- Remove water from less damaged areas by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe furniture dry.
- Raise furniture out of standing water by placing it on blocks. Do not place anything with dye or color against damp surfaces as the colors may bleed and cause further damage.
- Lift any curtains or drapery off of the carpet. Loop them through a non-metal coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage to enhance drying.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Remove damp books from shelves and spread out to dry.
- I you have the right equipment, dry your carpets as soon as possible
- If damage occurs during a cool season, leave heat on. Do not turn the heat up to high as it can accelerate damage. Try to maintain an even temperature of 72°F/20°C; if in summer, use an air conditioner if available.
IMPORTANT: Never go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on. Do not use and ordinary household vacuum to remove water, and do not use electrical appliances while standing on wet carpet or wet floors.
Following these guidelines can control and minimize losses. Contacting a professional in the early stages of a disaster can save you time and money. Most insurance policies require you to mitigate a disaster and take steps to prevent further damage.
An overview of our construction services from Construction Management, Design-build, General Contracting to Small Jobs and Service Work
Why Choose Elite Restoration for Fire Damage Restoration in Southern Idaho?
When accidents involve fire, it creates instant fear of losing everything. After a house fire, homeowners are in shock, and they are at their most vulnerable stage of recovery. Take the time to research your Fire and Smoke Damage restoration company. The restoration process can sometimes take 6 months or longer. We understand that choosing a company to work with for that time can be difficult. Elite Restoration does the restoration process with a proven track record, a guarantee of satisfaction, and a commitment to communication. Most importantly, we care about your family, your home, and doing the job right.
Securing your property is crucial after a devastating event that leaves your home or business exposed to theft, injury, or more damage. We provide board-up services, on-site power, and temporary fencing around your property to ensure the safety of others, as well as your belongings still inside.
WE’VE GOT EVERYTHING COVERED
- We provide 24/7 emergency service all year long
- 1 hour or less response time
- Free estimate from one of our certified specialists
- Our technicians are IICRC Certified
- We communicate with insurance companies until the restoration work is complete.
- We offer demolition & reconstruction services
- 24/7 Door & Window Board Up Services
- Tarp Services
- Residential Board Up Services
- Commercial Board Up Services
- Perimeter security
- Temporary fencing
- Insurance Billing
- Vacant / Foreclosed Properties
How Elite Restoration Handles Fire Damage Restoration
There is always residual damage in fires, such as smoke damage, fire odor, soot damage, or ash. While extinguishing house fires, there is usually quite a bit of water damage. Elite Restoration will restore and rebuild the fire damaged properties. We have developed a process to take care of fire, smoke, and water damage.
Fire Odor Removal and Deodorization
Elite Restoration uses various methods to remove and repair fire, smoke and water damage. We use specialized equipment to completely remove fire and smoke odors, meaning we don’t just cover them up. Our deodorization equipment and supplies penetrate cracks and crevices, therefore neutralizing and eliminating fire and smoke odors. Additionally, the entire contents of the affected property are packed up and cleaned thoroughly at our specialized facility.
Structural Fire Cleaning Services
Fire and smoke damage requires more service and expertise than an ordinary contractor or house cleaner can provide. Restoring a property back to livable condition takes time and care. Elite Restoration removes smoke and soot from upholstered furnishings, carpets, draperies, and building interiors. Our team cleans, deodorizes, refinishes, and restores hard furnishings. The teams has experience in residential, commercial, and industrial smoke damage restoration. If not charred, we restore building’s contents to their pre-loss condition.
Please note: Fire damage requires more than a janitorial cleaning. Soot can be permanently embedded by improper cleaning. Here’s a brief guide to help make sure it’s done properly.
Microbial Decontamination of Fire Damaged Houses
Elite Restoration dries, cleans, and sanitizes your crawl spaces and HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system to decontaminate your home.
Post Fire Damage Structural Repair and Restoration
Elite Restoration is a licensed, bonded, and insured full service fire damage repair company. Our post fire damage restoration services and fire damage remediation crews are available 24/7 to repair, rebuild, and restore your home after any fire, smoke, or water damage devastation. Call Elite Restoration 24/7 for emergencies due to fire damage. We are experienced in fire and water damage remediation, removal, clean up, repair, smoke damage restoration, soot damage remediation, property rebuilding.